One week with Leena and I am forever changed and incredibly grateful. For those who don’t know Leena, she is the Founder and Director of Serve Trust, an Indian NGO (non-governmental organization) located in Narasaraopet, in the Southeast Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. She’s the real deal….. a modern-day Saint, full of the fruit of the Spirit. In her 30+ years of ministry and serving the poorest of the poor of India, she has impacted so many people…..first starting out as their real, genuine friend….. modeling the love of Christ through relationships and meeting the needs of those friends.
Here’s a glimpse of what I learned (and was reminded of) from Leena that I’ll share over the next couple weeks (it is wayyyyy too much to fit into one blog post)….
[click on the links below to go directly to those blogs]
- God provides. Spiritually, emotionally and physically. And sometimes he does all three using bananas.
- Act on the nagging of the Holy Spirit. You will change someone’s life. And it could be your own.
- Trust. It’s fundamental to sharing the Gospel.
- Train up and empower others to be His disciples alongside you. We all have our own unique gifts. Let’s use them to glorify Him, together.
- Teach people to fish. And to depend on Him. He is all we need.
- Sow the seeds of the Gospel and let the Holy Spirit continue the work.